Thursday, February 2, 2012

Out of the Darkness - Group show, opening Friday 3 February


Image credit (L-R from top) Arryn Snowball, Simone Eisler, Chris Beaumont, Kirrily Hammond, Susan Purdy, Dadang Christanto, Paula do Prado, Peter Lambropoulos, Lisa Tomasetti, Catherine Nelson, Stephanie Valentin, Junko Go.

Short notice, I know, but if you're free Friday evening AND you are in Melbourne, then check out the opening of Out of the Darkness at Gallerysmith.  Artists exhibiting include Chris Beaumont, Kirstin Berg, Dadang Christanto, Paula do Prado, Simone Eisler, Ian Friend, Junko Go, Kirrily Hammond, Peter Lambropoulos, Sue Lovegrove, Susan Purdy, Catherine Nelson, Silke Raetze, Arryn Snowball, Lisa Tomasetti, Stephanie Valentin, Emma van Leest.  The first show of the year for the gallery runs until Saturday Feb 11th.


I wish I could go be there but I am in Sydney finishing off my thesis which is due to be handed in to be reviewed on Monday (i.e. Im freaking out).  There is so much going on at the moment.  The artwork for my solo show in March is packed and has been picked up today. I hope nothing breaks or cracks en route - surely the three layers of bubble wrap and swathes of acid free tissue paper will protect it all? It always feels strange letting work go...I've been living with it for so long. Overall Im pleased with how it all turned out (see the artworks here), but I can't help those last minute doubts, have I made enough work? Will the installation work out? Did I remember to send everything?! At least the rain is keeping me indoors and focussed on the writing. 







  

No comments:

Post a Comment